330 South Broadway
Baltimore, MD 21231
p 410 244 7221 f 410 244 7225
Orange Element, LLC, a creative branding agency in Baltimore, MD, is looking for an Account Executive to join our team.
Candidates should be self-motivated, goal-focused and eager to work with our clients and partners on a daily basis. She/He should be comfortable working in a highly collaborative environment where contributions that support process, efficiency and creativity are encouraged. This position requires a proactive personality for an executive who is looking to wear multiple hats and be part of a growing team.
Candidates should have experience in driving new business efforts and should feel comfortable with being expected to help develop regional and local leads for the agency, as well as with helping respond to RFPs and with contributing to pitches.
• Provides day-to-day support/services to assigned clients
• Responsible for delivering quality materials on time and on budget
• Responsible for actively managing projects through to completion based
on approve scope.
• Responsible for building stronger relationships with existing clients that lead
to new opportunities
• Manage all aspects of campaign logistics from inception to execution
• Attends and facilitates (as appropriate) status meetings, client meetings
and client calls
• Participates in marketing planning and execution of operational/tactical aspects
• Acts as a liaison between all team members and clients to ensure a timely
completion of projects
• Supports and collaborates with directors on tactical and strategic
aspects of each account
• Associated deliverables include but are not limited to setting meeting agendas, scoping projects, status reporting, working on competitive analyses and trends research, and setting up decks, request forms, estimates and timelines
• Provides insight and support on new business efforts
• Actively contribute to new business efforts, including reaching new prospects and building new relationships
• Participates in efforts and strategy on reaching prospective new markets
• Actively manage client relationships, projects and expectations
• Establish realistic schedules and budgets for internal distribution and client approval
• Initiate creative briefs/project briefs for project kickoff
• Guiding creative development to ensure consistency in all communications
• Complete conference reports following meetings/conference calls
• Analyze competitive activity
• Update weekly status reports
• Open jobs, complete change requests
• Request/monitor/track production estimates
• Complete insertion orders, submit materials to publications
• Review and proof changes before forwarding files to clients
If you’re an eager designer ready for new challenges, Orange Element may hold your next opportunity.
We are looking for a focused design professional who can bring original ideas and exceptional design to our projects and client’s goals. You must be able and excited to present your work and validate your design decisions, on behalf of our client’s business interests. You must be efficient and able to manage several intense projects and deadlines at once. You should be self-motivated and able to take direction at a quick pace. You must be a team player and work well in a collaborative environment. Do you have what it takes?
• Supporting directors with design development for a wide range of projects
including identity, print, digital and environmental
• Concept development and design for integrated branding initiatives
• Heavy publication/e-publication design
• Preparation of production-ready files for both print and digital deliverables
• Assist with maintenance/refinement of the agency’s digital presence and
social media activity
• Coordinate and manage vendor relationships (e.g., print, business and digital
• Preparation of presentation materials
• Participation and assistance in presentations to both clients and prospective clients
Necessary Skills and Qualifications
• 3+ years of full-time experience as a graphic designer, preferably with
a communications agency
• Bachelor’s Degree in graphic design, graphic arts, or related field,
or equivalent experience
• Fluent in Adobe InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop and proficient in Microsoft Office
• Experience editing content within content management systems such as Drupal, WordPress, etc.
• Magazine and long-form publications requiring expert use of design and layout
• e-Publication design and development (for digital and iPad)
• Knowledge of website/digital communication development (e.g., WordPress,
HTML5, CSS3) is a plus
• Strong organizational and communications skills, both internal and client-facing
• Ability to prioritize and deliver multiple projects against critical deadlines
• Respond well to direction; can work independently and in a team environment
• Excellent attention to detail and quality control
Orange Element is interviewing talented and engaged design internship candidates. This is an opportunity to grow your skills while you work on meaningful projects and establish a relationship with a groundbreaking studio. Our interns have regular exposure to creative staff generating high level work, as well as opportunities to attend client meetings, press checks and workshops.
The ideal candidate should major in Graphic Design (or related field), junior or senior year student, with a diverse portfolio demonstrating strong design skills and research, problem solving, and communication skills.
As Graphic Design Intern, you will support the design team in the development and execution of print collateral, advertising, brochures, event signage and other creative assets for a diverse range of clients. In addition, you will aid in the development and execution of promotional materials for Orange Element and our lecture series, Midmorning Social.
Interns work on a range of project types including web, print and brand design.
Individual responsibilities include:
• Create original design work for client projects
• Handle edits, revisions, quality assurance and preparing of final files
• Provide general support to staff designers
• Develop creative content for print collateral, websites, event signage and
• Understand branding and convey this appropriately in deliverables
• Generate out-of-the-box creative ideas
• A diverse portfolio that demonstrates your ability to turn ideas into a strong
and unique creative vision
• Understanding of brand development and design with the ability to translate
client needs into strong design direction
• Research and problem solving abilities
• Ability to multi-task, prioritize and turn out great design quickly
• Strong typography skills with sharp attention to detail
• Impeccable file structure and storage
• Excellent organizational and communication skills
• Proficient with Mac platform
• Fluent in InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop and proficient in Microsoft Office
• Energetic, goal-oriented team player with an excellent work ethic
• A strong awareness of trends within the design community
• HTML/CSS, Template creation in Microsoft Word and PowerPoint
We are seeking a candidate who is able to commit to working at least 12 hours a week. Start date is ASAP. Duration is typically 3 months with the potential to extend.